HBMA recognizes member contributions to the Association each year with the presentation of HBMA Awards.
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2021 HBMA Awards!
Nominate a deserving colleague by completing this form by Friday, July 30, 2021.
A list of the HBMA Awards and criteria are outlined below.
The President’s Award
The President’s Award is given when deemed appropriate by the HBMA President to a non-board member who:
- Has given assistance to the President above and beyond that which could be expected.
- Has unselfishly volunteered his/her time and efforts to the President with or without being asked.
- Has, through dedication and deeds, enhanced the office of the President and HBMA as an association.
The J. Dennis Mock Award
The J. Dennis Mock Award is given when deemed appropriate to an individual who:
- Has shown continuing dedication to the purposes and goals of HBMA.
- Has consistently influenced HBMA with a definition of purpose.
- Has given beyond the scope of a volunteer for a continuation of HBMA.
The Thomas N. Hackett Memorial Award
The Thomas N. Hackett Memorial Award is given when deemed appropriate to a committee member who:
- Has shown the leadership to promote the purposes of their committee.
- Has given beyond the scope of a volunteer to accomplish the goals of the committee.
- Has influenced the overall direction and quality of the billing industry through the work of the committee.
The Vendor Service Award
The Vendor Service Award is given when deemed appropriate to a Vendor Member who:
- Has contributed their time and resources to the ongoing development of HBMA.
- Has encouraged other vendors and members to participate in HBMA meetings and seminars.
- Has volunteered their time beyond expectations.
The Rookie of the Year Award
The Rookie of the Year Award is given when deemed appropriate to an individual who:
- Has engaged an HBMA responsibility for the first time in their membership.
- Has demonstrated a strong commitment to the HBMA work activity.
- Appears to have leadership potential for further HBMA responsibilities.
The following award categories may be used when the Awards Committee deems it appropriate to recognize an individual in a given year, with no expectation that any of the awards must be given out annually.
- HBMA Ambassador Award
- Above and Beyond Award
- Get’er Done Award
- Gratitude Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Special Service Award
- Watchdog Award