HBMA Store - Product Detail
HIPAA Audit Updates Audiocast with Karen Collier
Pilot phase: November 2011 – December 2012
Onsite reviews and audit reports done by KPMG to:
- Develop audit protocol
- Assess compliance with privacy and security regulations
Audit program objectives:
- Examine mechanisms for compliance
- Discover risks and vulnerabilities
- Encourage renewed attention to compliance activities
- Provide assessment of
The OCR audit protocol covers Privacy Rule requirements for (1) notice of privacy practices for PHI, (2) rights to request privacy protection for PHI, (3) access of individuals to PHI, (4) administrative requirements, (5) uses and disclosures of PHI, (6) amendment of PHI, and (7) accounting of disclosures.
- The protocol covers Security Rule requirements for administrative, physical, and technical safeguards
- The protocol covers requirements for the Breach Notification Rule.
A fully searchable matrix of all protocol items can be found on the OCR website at:
This is an excellent checklist of all requirements. It will be extremely helpful for you to go through this protocol as an exercise in your company.
Directions for viewing this recording covering results from the HIPAA OCR Audits:
After purchasing or registering for this program, if you are a member please visit your 'My Account' page, then click on 'My Downloads' on the left side of the page. All download files you have purchased or regisered for should show in this area. Continue with the following instructions.
1. SAVE THIS ZIPPED FILE in a place where you will be able to access it easily - your desktop works best. Please note, depending on the speed of your system, this could take a few minutes.
2. After downloading the zipped file, right click on the zipped file and select "Extract All" to extract the contents completely. You should now see an unzipped folder with all of the contents.
3. Locate your *unzipped* folder and Double-click the HTML file in the unzipped folder. The video should open in your browser window and begin to play after a few seconds. If your browser window doesn't open, right click the HTML file and choose 'Open With' and select a browser from the list.