HBMA Member Benefits
You belong with HBMA.
As a non-profit, member-led trade association, HBMA represents over 40,000 employees at nearly 500 revenue cycle management firms and professional billing departments. Founded in 1993, HBMA fosters personal development, advocates on the behalf of the medical billing profession, and promotes cooperation through a wide range of business resources, educational events, networking opportunities, certification programs, and enforcement of the Medical Biller’s Code of Ethics.
HBMA Core Values
HBMA values the highest level of professionalism, integrity and compliant business practices in every aspect of our industry. We expect transparency and accountability from our leaders while ensuring the continued growth of the Association by providing valuable benefits and resources to our members and other industry stakeholders.
To be an invaluable and influential resource for healthcare revenue cycle and business management services.
HBMA provides education, advocacy, collaboration and certification for healthcare billing professionals and providers engaged in the business and technology of healthcare revenue cycle management.
HBMA Member Benefits
Access to other HBMA Members
- HBMA Members are our best resource! 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, our members-only message board is here to serve you.
- The HBMA Message boards are one of the most valuable resources we have; ask anything from general questions regarding coding, research and billing, to the most specific inquiries related to the field. Our industry-expert members waste no time in assisting you with their invaluable experience and can point you in the direction of others who have assisted on similar topics in the past as well. Need to keep discretion? The option to post anonymously is available for sensitive topics/questions at all times.
All of HBMA's events and services work together to keep you in touch with healthcare business management professionals just like you. Through our national membership directory, our members-only message boards, and at our educational events, HBMA members make and keep valuable connections with other professionals who know what this industry demands, and who want to know more.
"I have been with the HBMA organization since 2003 and could not have built my company without their assistance. The networking and interaction with other members through the message boards and in person at the various meetings has been the most valuable. While I have grown so has HBMA and I continue to find value in all their offerings. This is the only organization that really works to benefit their members."
- Emily Osetek, CHBME
SourceNet Medical Billing Associates, LLC
- Every healthcare revenue cycle management professional knows that government actions, either through legislation on Capitol Hill or regulatory actions taken by the executive branch agencies have major impacts on their company's operations and on their bottom line.
- HBMA's team of government relations professionals allow you to be the first to receive all HBMA Legislative & Regulatory alerts, your monthly Washington Report, and any up-to-the minute information straight from The Hill that impacts our industry, allowing you to make key decisions in real time.
"I have been a member of HBMA for over twenty-five years. I have always been impressed with the quality of the educational opportunities, the spirit of cooperation among peers and the level of government advocacy HBMA provides. I can’t imagine trying to navigate the RCM industry without the solid foundation of HBMA!"
- Suzi Hall, CHBME
Essential Billing Strategies
HBMA NewsWire and RCM Advisor Journal
- HBMA members receive our email newsletter, NewsWire, regularly. Each issue provides members with headquarters updates, information on upcoming educational opportunities and association events, industry updates, and more.
- As soon as you join, you will have direct access to HBMA's information-packed industry publication, RCM Advisor, containing a wide range of industry and HBMA news, information about upcoming events, government relations activities, and information to make your company more efficient and successful. The journal is available to all members online and a printed issue is included with your membership.
"The Valletta Group has become a better, more informed, company since our affiliation started with HBMA. We have benefited greatly from HBMA’s educational offerings, vendor affiliations, and general networking with my peers across the country. HBMA has become an instrumental part to our company’s overall success."
- The Valletta Group
Education and Training
- HBMA sponsors two industry gatherings each year - the Compliance Symposium and the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Conference. These events bring you the latest on healthcare industry trends, billing and practice management business strategies, government updates and more. When you attend the Healthcare Revenue Cycle Conference, you will have access to the newest products and services available from industry vendors in our exhibit hall, and you will enjoy countless chances to network with other top healthcare revenue cycle management company executives.
- Gain a competitive edge and improve your marketability through these programs:
- Certification Program
HBMA oversees the Certified Healthcare Business Management Executive (CHBME) program which is aimed at demonstrating to your peers, as well as your current and prospective clients, that you are dedicated to continuing professional education in this fast-changing and challenging industry. This rigorous program not only enhances the industry's image within the wider healthcare community, but it also offers HBMA members an additional way to differentiate themselves from competitors, boosting their edge in the field.
- Compliance Accreditation Program
Healthcare Business Management Association (HBMA) has developed the HBMA Compliance Accreditation Program for revenue cycle management (RCM) companies, medical practice management organizations and healthcare software vendors. This program establishes standards to help safeguard patients’ protected health information (PHI) by complying with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and ensure compliance with Office of Inspector General (OIG) standards.
- Certification Program
"I have been involved in the HBMA for more than 12 years and it has brought me a vast amount of information, provided valuable education and exposure to the much needed advocacy for our industry in Washington, D.C. I have attended meetings regularly for learning but also for the access to vendors, new systems and valuable ideas.
The greatest benefit by far is the ability to network and collaborate with peers in the industry. This has allowed me to gain not only business knowledge directly related to billing day-to-day operations but also professional growth on many levels achieved from sharing time with colleagues.
The experience of facing common challenges, solving similar problems, gaining and giving advice on new solutions is what the true spirit of HBMA embodies to me.
My deep appreciation for the cooperative effort among HBMA members is what drives me to continue to participate in committees and the board of directors. The influence of the association and so many of the individuals within it has played a key part in my career for which I am truly grateful. Thank you HBMA."
- Mick Polo, CHBME
NCDS Medical Billing
What are you waiting for?
Get the support you need to advance your career. Join HBMA now!
HBMA now offers two types of membership to suit your needs:
- Corporate – provides benefits to your entire company
- Individual – offers benefits to only one person
HBMA understands your business. Now put us to work for you.
If you have any questions about HBMA membership, please call us at 877.640.4262 or email us at email@example.com.